Friday, June 27, 2014

Prof. Picturebook and Dr. Scarpuppy Review: "The Recess Queen"

The Recess Queen is written by Alexis O'Neil and illustrated by Laura Huliska-Beith.



Prof. Picturebook says: 




"As a kitten, I know what it's like to be intimidated by larger, meaner creatures. And that's why I cheered when the good-natured Katie wins over Mean Jean the Recess Queen. Kindness and friendship triumph!"


Dr. Scarpuppy says: 



"At first I was disappointed when Mean Jean turned into a good guy. But then I realized that her supposed transformation is simply part of a larger Machiavellian scheme to gain more power. I can't wait for the sequel!" 

* * * 




* * * 

You may also like: Loud Emily


and the Crystal Kite award winning book: The Kite That Bridged Two Nations





No comments:

Post a Comment